The program can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer
“The program can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer” is quite common issue when application was writen using C++ dll and not distributed with those dll’s or installation had some issues. When you try to bring up AppDesigner in 2-tier or 3-tier mode, you might see this error.
This error has been common especially after the PeopleTools 8.53 upgrade.
MSVCR100.dll is also known as the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, which can easily be downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition:
If you get this error after you’ve done PeopleSoft PeopleTools upgrade, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Close the application designer interface if it is open.
- Close all running programs on this machine where you are trying to bring up the Application Designer.
- Navigate to the PSHOME\setup\psvccrt directory and run the setup.exe file from there. Use right click on the setup.exe and select ‘Run As Administrator’ and run the setup.
- Once the setup completes successfully reboot the machine.
- Clear the C:\PS\CACHE folder
- Retry the process to bring up Application Designer.