“The program can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer” is quite common issue when application was writen using C++ dll and not distributed with those dll’s or installation had some issues. When you try to bring up AppDesigner in 2-tier or 3-tier mode, you might see this error.
This error has been common especially after the PeopleTools 8.53 upgrade.
MSVCR100.dll is also known as the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, which can easily be downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition:
If you get this error after you’ve done PeopleSoft PeopleTools upgrade, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Close the application designer interface if it is open.
- Close all running programs on this machine where you are trying to bring up the Application Designer.
- Navigate to the PSHOME\setup\psvccrt directory and run the setup.exe file from there. Use right click on the setup.exe and select ‘Run As Administrator’ and run the setup.
- Once the setup completes successfully reboot the machine.
- Clear the C:\PS\CACHE folder
- Retry the process to bring up Application Designer.