Deploying Search Definition Errors Out with Message “The current user has insufficient privileges to complete this operation”

by Apurva T. on May 15, 2014

in General

When attempting to deploy a search definition in Search Framework, the deploy for most Search Definitions results in application timing out, or user gets the following “insufficient permissions” error:

“The current user has insufficient privileges to complete this operation”

This error can occurr for multiple reasons including:
1) User does not have sufficient privileges to deploy search definitions.
2) User does not have permissions to run some of the queries used by the search definition.
3) Some of the Search Definition’s queries were changed from “public” queries to “private” queries.

 

 

Solution

1. First, try adding PeopleSoft Administrator Role to the user attempting to deploy search definitions, as follows:
a. Navigate to the PeopleTools>Security>User Profiles.
b. Enter the UserID
c. Go to the Roles Tab.
d. Click on the ” + ” to add the roles.
e. Add PeopleSoft Administrator Role
f. Save change

2.  If error persists, then it is possible that there are missing Search Framework queries and/or the user doesn’t have authorizations needed to run the queries.  Also note that all Search Framework related queries need to be public queries (this can be checked by opening the query within Query Manager and checking “Query Properties”).  Note that the Search Framework related queries are delivered as public queries, so there should be no issues with missing queries and/or private queries unless you’ve modified the delivered queries.
The best way to troubleshoot problems with query access is to set TracePC=3596, then recreate the problem, to identify what query is encountering issues.

Also Read:  PeopleSoft Development Tools

 

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Anne May 17, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Hi,Apurva!I have a problem when I installed the PeopleSoft(PeopleTools8.53+PeopleSoft9.2)in Linux 5.8-64bit.When i finished all installations and configures,I sign on with Chinese,the page show every words like question mark“¿”,but it is upside down.I don’t know where I set wrong. The database i selected “unicode database”and in the script files I changed createdb10.sql ” character set UTF8″.I want to know how to deal with it.
–PS.I am a student.I don’t have any experience in it.And my English is so poor…

Reply

Apurva May 19, 2014 at 11:01 am

Hello Anne,
Looks like your database was created as Non-Unicode and hence, the issue. You will have to recreate it as Unicode.

Reply

Anne May 22, 2014 at 4:22 am

But I am sure that I selected “unicode database” for all option. And my first installation was successful ,at that time I selected language Japanese and US English,set English as base language.when I sang on with Japanese ,all words was ok.like “サインオフ”(sign off). Because I want to install Chinese language ,so deleted all data file and not change any configuration parameters ,and the sql files(createdb10.sql,utlspace.sql,dbowner.sql,hcddl.sql,psroles.sql,psadmin.sql,connect.sql) also not change .
if you have a complete installation documentation for Chinese,please sent me an e-mail(shiyuxinqing@gmail.com or 472264672@qq.com).Thank you!

Reply

Cancel reply

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: