A common error especially in PeopleTools 8.53 onwards is “PubConProccessor TransformSend Failed on service operation publication.” The issue happens for service operations, which involve transformation programs like PERSON_BASIC_SYNC, WORKFORCE_SYNC etc.
The problem is commonly caused by either a a corrupted routing definition or sometimes by a PeopleTools bug when the routing definition contains 30 char (maximum length of field ROUTINGDEFNNAME). The former one being a usual case when doing application upgrade.
Though the problem has been fixed in PeopleTools 8.53.12 onwards, those on the lower PeopleTools release can use the following workarounds:
1. Login to the Peoplesoft PIA system
2. Navigate to PeopleTools ->Integration Broker -> Integration Setup -> Service Operations and search for the service operation you’re having issues with. Once you’re inside the service operation like Workforce_Sync, go to the Routings tab.
3. Inactivate the routings
4. Take screenshots of the Routing definition. Make sure that the node information, parameters, external operation name, transform program names are captured.
5. Delete the routing.
6. Inactivate any/all outbound routings and save.
7. Delete all routings using the “-” sign on the right hand side of the page and save.
8. Create new routings manually, using the screenshots/documentation taken earlier.
9. Retest the issue.
10. Migrate the solution as appropriate to other environments.