This error is applicable for PeopleTools 8.4x and 8.5x and is one of the most common Integration Broker issue. When trying to ping the node, or send to it a message results in the following error:
No response received from Gateway. The Gateway did not send back a IBResponse
Integration Gateway: No response received from Gateway (158,10829)
The log shows something like this
com.peoplesoft.pt.integrationgateway.common.ExternalSystemContactException: HttpTargetConnector:ExternalSystemContactException Connection reset at com.peoplesoft.pt.integrationgateway.targetconnector.HttpTargetConnector.send(HttpTargetConnector.java:708) at com.peoplesoft.pt.integrationgateway.targetconnector.HttpTargetConnector.ping(HttpTargetConnector.java:740) at com.peoplesoft.pt.integrationgateway.service.BasicConnectorInvocator.execute(BasicConnectorInvocator.java:131) at com.peoplesoft.pt.integrationgateway.framework.GatewayManager.invokeService(GatewayManager.java:141) at com.peoplesoft.pt.integrationgateway.framework.GatewayManager.connect(GatewayManager.java:185) at com.peoplesoft.pt.integrationgateway.listeningconnector.PeopleSoftListeningConnector.doPost(PeopleSoftListeningConnector.java:181) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
There are several probable causes of this:
The problem is caused by a failed connection between the application server and the gateway web server. This is typically associated with integration setup problem and the common ones are:
- Incorrect setup
- Proxy server setup or firewall rule issue
- /etc/hosts file entries on unix application servers
- Load Balancer setup issues
Some of the obvious solutions are
1) First and foremost – check your integration broker settings:
– Ensure that you can ping the Gateway
– Ensure that you can ping the default local node
– Ensure that you can ping the nodes defined in the Gateway properties.
Sometimes even a small typo like incorrect server address or port # could result in this error.
2) Proxy server setup
-Ensure that the proxy device has the correct entries listed
-Ensure that the Peoplesoft system is pointing to the correct proxy server in each configuration file
3) /etc/hosts file entries on unix application servers
-Check the Peoplesoft application server /etc/hosts file for invalid machine name or port entries.
-Verify that the application server configuration works with the machine name listed for the JOLT server name entry rather than %PS_MACH% and use the same entry in the integrationgateway.properties file as that specified in the psappsrv.cfg file
4) Load Balancer setup issues
– Ensure that the load balance device is pointing to the correct physical machine name/ip address
5) Firewall blockages
– If a firewall exists between systems, ensure that both the gateway and application server machine ports are open for 2 way communication
This error is also caused by the error “Cannot establish HTTP connection (158, 2842)“. Refer to the URL for resolution of the same.