What is PeopleSoft Batch Environment?
- Its a combination of databases, the batch server, the process files (located on the batch server or elsewhere) any clients that run batch routines and all process scheduler services.
- Batch environment allows us to run pre programmed routines either on demand or on a scheduler.
- Along with its work to generate reports and posting them, it can be used to schedule actual data changes, such as posting entries to the General Ledger.
- You can submit and scheduler PeopleSoft Batch jobs which can then be processed by Batch Scheduler/Process Scheduler.
Types of BATCH routines delivered by PeopleSoft
PeopleSoft Reporting Tools
- Crystal Reports
- PS NVISION (Ms Excel 2000)
- Application Engine