Not long ago, social media was considered as a distraction from work and many organizations had even banned the use of several social media in their offices. As social media gained roots, companies realized they can no longer ignore social media and they started to implement social media in ways that they can take advantage of and keep their workforce happier.
No wonder that social media applications have started to find inroads in PeopleSoft application as well. Some of the advantages of social media include:
- Higher productivity and efficiency – get answers to drive faster, more accurate process transactions.
- Increased engagement – find and connect with expertise, collaborate to solve problems and increase total know-how, retain and match talent to tasks.
- Better decisions –
Organizations can use PeopleSoft and Social Media to:
- Reach quality candidates
- Quickly and effectively fill open positions
- Engage passive candidates
- Help build your company brand
- Collaborate for decision making
Here is a presentation from Oracle Open World Conference 2013.