Let’s continue with our journey to create an awesome LinkedIn profile and getting more connections. Here are the previous days’ coverage:
Topic for Day 3: 10 LinkedIn mistakes to avoid
Here are the 10 LinkedIn mistakes you need to avoid:
- Typos in your profile. LinkedIn does not have a in-built spell checker, which increases the likeliness of making typos.
- No profile picture. Profiles with pictures get 7 times more clicks.
- Improper picture. Facebook is for personal pictures, LinkedIn is for professional ones.
- Poorly described job title.
- Not utilizing LinkedIn groups. Begin with our group –
- Non Personalized connection request
- Non unique LinkedIn URL.
- Missing Summary
- Missing Recommendations
- Not making use of Sections. Break your profile and make use of sections such as “Volunteering,” “Certifications,” or “Organizations.”